TOP 5 REASONS TO CHOOSE OUT OF HOME ADVERTISING
If you are a media planner OOH (Out Of Home) is something that you must consider. If media planning is new concept for you then we can help. Check out our guide on creating the perfect media plan by clicking here.
1. OUT OF HOME HAS CREATIVE IMPACT
OOH (Out Of Home) is a uniquely creative medium. When executed well, outdoor offers virtually unlimited creative potential and impact. A wide range of sizes and formats offer a blank canvas for brands to deliver uniquely disruptive and engaging consumer experiences.
Media planners often underestimate the role of creativity in driving OOH’s effectiveness. The truth is the role of outdoor advertising is constantly changing. It is no secret that great design and creative storytelling lead to better results. OBIE Award winners constantly stretch the boundaries of what’s possible and demonstrate how great creative makes great business sense.
2. OUTDOOR ADVERTISING HAS UBIQUITY
Today’s OOH goes where most other media can’t and won’t go. Outdoor advertising drives awareness, engagement, and transactions with brands. If you are like most people you spend 70% of your time away from home. And with outdoor’s diverse range of formats and placements it is able to surround hard-to-reach consumers away from home.
Out of Home combines physical presence, prime locations, and immediacy, in the least cluttered advertising environment available. Outdoor reaches consumers closest to the point of purchase and delivers the right message to the right consumer at the right time and place.
3. OOH IS INNOVATIVE
OOH is laser-focused on innovation to keep pace with where advertising and the consumer are headed. Therefore, OOH is innovating in all parts of its business to improve the customer experience. All of this is done while delivering ever more engaging, immersive, and effective connections with today’s consumers.
Today’s OOH is embracing innovation in all its forms to help advertisers take their message further:
- Digital billboards to mobile and social media integration.
- Eco-friendly materials and lighting to more customer-focused business practices.
- Smarter, more strategic proposals to the new, game-changing TAB OOH ratings system.
4. LOW CPM, HIGH ROI, EXTENDED REACH
LOW CPM – Research studies have repeatedly shown that OOH significantly lowers the cost of advertising:
- Online can cost up to $17.50 CPM.
- Magazines can cost up to $21.00 CPM.
- Spot broadcast or cable can cost $22.00-$25.00.
- OOH delivers the same audience as the other mediums but at a significantly lower cost of $3.38 – $8.65 CPM.
- Only radio comes anywhere close.
HIGH ROI – OOH delivers a high return on investment. For every $1 spent on OOH advertising, $2.80 in sales result.
EXTENDED REACH – Most media planners know OOH is cost efficient. However, many don’t know that Out of Home can dramatically improve the reach of other media at a lower cost. So when media planners add outdoor, it can increase reach by 18% for TV and up to 316% for mobile advertising. For social, interactive, and mobile advertising, OOH literally drives consumers ‘from the big screen to the small screen’ to search, interact, and transact.
5. HOW OOH DRIVES SOCIAL, LOCAL AND MOBILE MARKETING
OOH is quickly becoming a key strategy for advertisers to complement and accelerate their social media, local marketing, and mobile advertising efforts. The best strategy is to use outdoor advertising for targeting top funnel prospect. Advertisers will use Out of Home to drive consumers to a web site, to interact and engage through social media, and even to transact with a smartphone. Later the digital impact will convert the prospect but it was the outdoor advertising that got the prospect into the funnel.
OOH audiences are young, affluent, mobile, and connected. And, they’re proven to be high-indexing, heavy users of the Internet, social media, and mobile devices.
- On a local level, billboards, posters, transit and street furniture can remind consumers to visit a web site or a nearby store.
- Interactive touch-screens can allow consumers to interact with brands in countless ways.
- QR codes, near-field communication and Bluetooth applications can let consumers download branded content, or even make a purchase with a tap of their smartphone.
OOH is at the center of the “SoLoMo” marketing revolution. Out of Home is connecting consumers with brands in highly engaging and effective new ways by merging brand content, social engagement, mobility and commerce.